Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last Day in Frankfurt and Back to America!

I am a little late in posting this...sorry!

The last day in Frankfurt was super fun for me...I slept in a little and then headed to the tallest tower in the city! I made my way there and went right in the the elevator...of course I made friends in the security line...super hot men that only wanted each other...of course...but in any case we rode to the top of the building - 200 meters or kilometer or something high! Bottom line, it was tall! I got to see how far I got lost on the previous days and sorta got my bearings for where everything was! I loved it! The video from this high turned out really cool!

Next I took a walk - aka got lost - even though I sorta knew where I was...and yes, I was lost in the same spot as before...so not really lost, just taking the long way to my target destination. The destination was lunch...and of course I ended up in the old city center area...had yummy bratwurst, potato salad, and yes, some wine! Yummers! Then I watched a wedding come out of city hall and the reception ended up being where I was eating - so I stayed longer and watched them - pretty cool!

Then I ran back to the hotel to change my shoes and headed to Steven's conference. I was later than intended - like over an hour late - so I didn't get to see the conference in its fullest but it was still super impressive to see what S does...the booths were just so fascinating for an outsider like me!

Then we went back to the hotel to rest for a minute, visited with our favorite bartenders at the hotel, and headed to the Culinary Mile for dinner!!! So fun! We ran in to a wine/beer fest and watched the performers out on the street - two crazy girls dancing and then a lady who just couldnt sing to save her life! ...and dinner was soooo yummy - I had Ravioli with Ricotta cheese and spinach - and the red sauce was soooo terrific!

Then it rained and we went back to the room to pack and try to get some sleep before our long day on the flight!

SO FLIGHT DAY..all I have to say is 15 hours on a plane - well, two planes...we had a layover - and screaming babies...I am going to write the airlines and offer to pay for as much liquor and/or benadryl that is needed to keep babies unconscious on planes...that is all I can say here...that and maybe I prefer german old ladies to crying babies on a plane...

Ok so that last part is a bit extreme but seriously when I am tired and trapped in a 12 inch square and that is all I hear I go nuts...oddly I never ordered an alcoholic beverage while on the plane...but looking back that may have made the flight easier...Steven had a beer...maybe that is why the baby didnt bother him. Its funny, sometimes a baby cries and I could care less about the noise but put a baby on a plane and it just makes my blood boil. ...and I am a firm believer in payback so I know that the first time I take my kid on a plane he/she will scream his/her little head off as payback for me writing this rant ... and Ill remember writing this and wish I would have deleted it...but like I said I am ranting so this will stay here...

So in closing...Steven and I spent 384 hours together nonstop and we still like each other, enjoy each other, and are looking forward to our next trip - which is only a week and a half away...Bonnaroo here we come!

PS...a BIG thank you to my mommie who took great care of Lucy...Mom, it isnt your fault that Lucy lost all of her hair and dropped a few pounds...!! (really, she loves you I promise - and she is looking forward to your time together next week while I am in TN!)

1 comment:

  1. Thought you might be interested in a Tallahassee Contest!

    http://hanowellphotography.com/blog/2010/07/15/contest-calling-all-tallahassee-bloggers/

    ReplyDelete