Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 5

So where in the world am I right now? The Tampa Airport - Terminal E Gate 68 - waiting for my Delta Flight to Detroit. Yep, Detroit...home of...I dunno? Maybe the rock and roll hall of fame? Lots of car places that are run down and closed?

Here is a quick run down of the past 5 days:

Day One - Friday:
Steven and I left Tallahassee around 5 - arrived in Orlando at the Westin Imagine around 9ish. Beautiful room - super comfy couch - courtesy of Steven Bonda. We lounged - I talked on the phone to my Bro, Travis, he had super exciting news to share! Then, we got dressed in our "go out" clothes and went to Club 23 in downtown Orlando on Church street. We went to celebrate Chelsea Jones' Bday - Jean and Aaron were there, and a few other fun people. SO fun! We danced, we laughed, we sat when our feet got tired! Then we had food - of course - and went back to the hotel.

Day Two - Saturday:

Slept in - so heavenly! The bed was super comfy - I want a king size bed now - its decided. Then we went SHOPPING! Oh wait, first we went to the Sizzler...yes...it was frozen food served buffet style - literally there was ice in the food...must be saving on electricity costs when it comes to the oven/microwave. Back to the shopping - we have been to this outlet together in February - Steven didn't believe me for nearly 4 hours that it was the same outlet - then suddenly - the bathroom hallway made it all come back. The best part of shopping for me was the new Dooney and Bourke that Steven picked out and got for me! We had a fun time in the store picking it out - I even got to sing my favorite Justin Timberlake song! Then Steven got awesome argyle dress socks (he is obsessed with a capital O with Argyle...) and he got 2 count em 2 party shirts! Party shirt is the term he uses for a "fun" shirt - so one is a really pretty stripe and the other is - wait lets see if you can guess - - - - Argyle! Hilarious but he is so happy - so a purse for me and shirts for him and we are both Happy!

Then we went to Universal's City Walk and went to the most funnest place ever...(yes I used incorrect English on purpose) Pat O'Brien's! We ventured in to the land of Hurricanes - just one each cause that is all you need and you are good for the night. We had the club pass where you get to go to as many clubs in anight as you want so we had to explore! I don't know the names of the other two clubs but I can tell you we danced soooo much! We had a blast!

Day Three - Sunday:

Slept in, I worked on my presentation, we drove to Tampa, hung out in the room, went downstairs to the reception for a drink, went to bed.

Day Four - Monday:
Steven ran errands then got sick. I was at the Conference all day - learned tons of cool economic development stuff and enjoyed the people I met. Monday night I went to the dinner and the speaker from the Disney Institute was awesome - Bruce Jones. He told such a sweet Disney Story (that involved the Cinderella Castle...) that I almost cried.

Then the fun began - we all sat at the bar telling stories and joking - and then went outside and did the same thing. Met some fun people - even one that speaks Dutch - so we are taking him to lunch in Tally in a few weeks. Met some Railroad people with CSX - they are hilarious people let me tell you...

Day Five - Tuesday:

I give an amazing presentation with Jennifer Wakefield from the Orlando EDC - she and I rocked!
Then I went back to the room packed, headed to the airport with Steven, and now here we sit - eating soup, having a drink, and wasting the hour away.

Next Stops: Detroit for our layover and then on to Amsterdam!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys had a good flight and that Steven is feeling better. Watch out for those ham sandwiches! Wishing you would post so I know you are okay. . .

    ReplyDelete