Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 8ish? or 9ish?

We are not sure on the count of days...8 or 9ish? So the pictures right below are from our bike ride all around Deventer! We went through the brink - city center - stopped at the dry cleaners, rode up and down the river, rode a ferry across the river - yes, with our bikes, sat at a beautiful restaurant over looking the river and had a yummy drinkiepoo, rode the bike around - even by a real life windmill that cuts wood, then back to the city to the butcher - a Turkish butcher with incredibly beautiful meat (yes, really the meat!), then to the house.

Then Marrit came over and all 5 of us went to the Turkish Restaurant by the Brink. OMG that Schwarma was TO DIE FOR! SO yummy! Then Steven's parents went home and the 3 of us went back to the witches kettle and that little area in the brink. Let me tell you, I surely make friends really fast here - my loud american accent surely carries through the outdoor cafes of Deventer! So we had a good time laughing and joking with everyone. Then we took a cab home - we didn't have the bikes with us and it was too dark to walk.

Then Saturday we met Marrit and the 3 of us went shopping - so much fun! I know I say "so much fun" all the time but everything really is so much fun! I even got a free pair of Orange Bunny ears - so now I really can be Konijntje (ko- 9- cha) which is what S calls me and it means little Rabbit. I somewhat think he is making fun of my big front teeth but it sounds cute when he says it so I let it slide! Oh and I must mention that Marrit totally scored the rabbit ears for me - she was super nice to the clerk in the store and pointed out I was a silly american tourist who loves bunny ears...it was quite funny - and yes I dared put them on in public!

Then we went to the flower shop - super fun again - and there was a kitty kat - yes we filmed it so dont worry, you will see the full encounter! Then we went to the butcher shop - so the previous butcher shop experience I mentioned a minute ago really happened here...I am getting confused what happened when...Then we went to the grocery store with S's parents. Wow, we got like 100 dollars worth of food for 24 Euros! Literally all the food we need for our All American Funday Sunday grill out was under 40 Euros total...no way in america could you get enough food for 5 with steak, chicken, salad, potatoes, spinach, dessert, spices, etc for under a hundred bucks...just wild...it was like we had never been in a grocery store before - funny!

Then we came home and Steven's Mom fixed a super yummy dinner and we all hung out on the patio - very pretty in their yard - birdies sing and the flowers are very pretty! Then we went to the brink again - the city center - and I had hot chocolate! SO GOOD! they even did tons of whipped cream for the crazy american - we had this waiter before and he remembered me! Then home for the evening - oh yeah I had a crink in my neck and I couldnt turn my head to the right - hilarious - but Steven's dad had this amazing cream that you rub on and it goes from cold to hot - yes this cream saved my little neckiepoo!

So today is Saturday and we went to Castricum - that is where Astrid and Jorn and Ninthe live. It is about an hour and a half away from Deventer and about 20 mins from Amsterdam - just so you get an idea of where we were. First we went to the campsite Steven's parents have - we rode our bikes to the beach and had a delicious lunch. I am seeing a reaccuring theme here...yummy food! Then we went and hung out at Astrid's hosue - little Ninthe is ADORABLE! ...but she is slightly scared of Steven...she likes him but she cried when he was near her...it was funny I was holding her and she was fine and then I went to hand her to S and she burst in to tears...hilarious! So dinner was Mustard Soup - I must learn how to make this - I love love love mustard and this rocked my world! Then we had Lasagna - a recipe from Jamie Oliver - OMG the food tasted as good as Jamie Oliver is hott! Then we had a yummy layered icecream thing - it was vanilla and chocolate and so incredible tasty! Then we left to go home - and I fell asleep in the car almost all the way home! (I think I was tired from the sun and the amazing food - Im like a baby, you feed me and I need a nap!)

So now we have been hanging out at the house for a few hours - Steven's Dad was watching the soccer tournament - pretty cool to watch - lots of sweaty boys :)...and Steven and I are sitting side by side typing - so time for me to help him - we are working on the top secret BoLo Productions Business Plan!

Doei

That means GoodBye - you say it Do-E.

1 comment:

  1. You are making me want to take a trip somewhere!! But po'litl me is stuck right here! Glad you're having fun! Doei,

    ReplyDelete